MENTAL HEALTH RESOURCES
The Marathon County School-Based Counseling Consortium comprises of nonprofit and
for-profit mental health clinics, public school districts, and community organizations. Consortium counseling agencies are able to provide on-site mental health counseling to students in all Marathon County public schools.
If you would like to refer your child for school-based counseling or would like more information, please complete the form to the left and a representative from your child's school will contact you.
Virtual/on-site licensed mental health therapists from Centre for Wellbeing are accessible at Hawthorn Hills Elementary School. Services are billed through the family's insurance, but don't let cost prevent care; financial help is available.
To learn more about the therapists, click on their bio:
Noreen Salzman, Centre for Wellbeing
To make a referral, please contact School Counselor Mao Lee
Good mental health is a state of balance in our thoughts, emotions, & behaviors. These signs may indicate that mental health therapy is right for your child:
- Low motivation
- Sudden changes in behavior/dress/friendships, eating and sleeping habits
- Anger, irritability, outbursts or irrational behavior that is out of character
- Sudden drop in grades
- Evidence of self-harm or suicidal comments
- Sadness that does not seem to go away
- High level of fear/worry/anxiety that go beyond what is typical for their developmental age
- Increased negative behaviors
- Poor hygiene
- Chronic peer/social issues
- Vomiting unrelated to illness
- Difficulty with concentration & attention, problems with short-term memory